On this page we publish the updates we make to the milez.biz calculator. Any time we add new data or we change the way the calculator works we will post an update here.
14 February, 2013
New oneworld Program Added
recently joined the oneworld alliance. We have added the Malaysia Airlines' frequent flyer program Enrich
to our calculator. Like most other oneworld programs, rates are calculated by distance
. Enrich has different rates for single carrier itineraries and mutli-oneworld carrier itineraries (single carrier trips require fewer miles).
The addition of Malaysia Airlines to the oneworld universe also adds a number of new destinations
to the other oneworld programs. The Malaysia Airlines destinations have been added to the oneworld roster.
Try for example, Penang - London Heathrow
5 February, 2013
Alaska Airlines does not participate directly in any of the major frequent flyer alliances but it has many partnerships with airlines around the world. This means that Mileage Plan members have a wide network of destinations to choose from:
- Emirates: The Emirates partnership makes the Middle East reachable for Mileage Plan members with a connection through Seattle. To calculate the rate from Seattle to Dubai with Emirates, click here.
- Korean: The Korean partnership makes many East Asian destinations reachable for Mileage Plan members with a connection through San Francisco or Seattle. To calculate the Mileage Plan rate from San Francisco (SFO) to Seoul (ICN) with Korean, click here.
- Cathay Pacific: The Cathay partnership means that many destinations in China and India are added to the Mileage Plan roster. Members can connect in Los Angeles. To calculate the Mileage Plan rate from Los Angeles (LAX) to Mumbai (BOM) using Cathay Pacific, click here.
- Icelandair: Icelandair is a good option for destinations in northern Europe. Alaska Airlines members can connect in Seattle and get to Europe via Reykjavik, e.g. Seattle - Stockholm.
- LAN: South America becomes reachable through a connection to LAN in Los Angeles. Mileage Plan rates from LA to BA are here.
- Qantas: Qantas adds a long list of Australian destinations to the possibilities for the Mileage Plan members. Qantas can be connected to in Los Angeles. Click here for rates from Los Angeles to Perth.
- Delta Air Lines and American Airlines are 2 American legacy carriers who are partnered with Alaska Airlines. Both of these carriers offer interesting destinations in the Caribbean and Latin America, for example Anchorage - Puerto Rico.
- Thanks to the Air France/KLM partnership most of Europe and large parts of Africa are within reach of Mileage Plan miles. Both airlines fly to the west coast of the USA so that Alaska Airlines members could, for instance, use their miles to get from LAX to Nairobi.
- British Airways: British Airways flies to several cities in North America, including Seattle (SEA) and San Francisco (SFO). Mileage Plan members can use their miles to fly with BA to Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India., e.g. San Francisco - Maldives.
- Air Pacific offers out of the way destinations in the south-pacific through connections in Fiji. Mileage Plan members connect in Honolulu or Los Angeles. Try for example Honolulu - Samoa.
23 January, 2013
Emirates does not participate in any of the major frequent flyer alliances but it has various partnerships with airlines around the world. This means that Emirates Skywards members have some interesting additional redemption possibilities.
- Alaska Airlines: The Alaska Airlines partnership makes Hawaii reachable for Emirates Skywards members with a connection through Seattle. To calculate the rate from Seattle to Honolulu with Emirates miles, click here.
- JAL: Japan Airlines has an extensive network in east Asia, mainly from its hubs at Tokyo Narita and Haneda. Skywards members can reach Hawaii this way too! Both from Haneda and Narita.
- Korean Air: Similarly to JAL, Korean has an extensive network in Asia, but it also has many overseas routes to the Middle East, Europe, and the Americas. Of course, Skywards members can get to Hawaii via Seoul too. To calculate all HNL - ICN rates, click here.
- The partnership with TAP Portugal opens up many destinations in West Africa and Brazil to Emirates frequent flyers. Lisbon to Rio is just one of the many possibilities.
16 January, 2013
New Singapore Data
The redemption rates for Singapore Airlines' KrisFlyer
program have changed slightly. Singapore Airlines is now making its suites
available through points redemption. First class award tickets must be redeemed to be eligible for the suites. First class redemption rates on the flights with suites have therefore gone up.Calculate KrisFlyer Singapore - London rates here
In addition to the Star Alliance partners KrisFlyer members can also redeem flights with a few other airline partners:
- Air India, this adds a vast domestic Indian network for KrisFlyer redemptions, e.g. Mumbai - Bangalore.
- Virgin Atlantic has many flights to the Caribbean from London, which may otherwise not be available as readily to KrisFlyer members. Calculate London - Grenada here.
- Virgin Australia adds many Australian destinations that are not available through the Star Alliance, for example Sydney - Uluru
21 December, 2012
More New Data!
Hainan Airlines Fortune Wings Club
has been added to our calculator. The program has distinct rate tables for domestic and international flights. The rates are based on distance flown. An example of a domestic route is Guangzhou to Urumqi
is one of the international routes flown by Hainan Airlines.
The oneworld rates for LANPass
members have also been added to the calculator. LANPass oneworld rates are based on distance and every segment is calculated individually. The rates apply to LAN's oneworld partner airlines, for example Madrid - Paris
5 December, 2012
New Data in the Calculator
We have added some more data to our frequent flyer program award rates calculator:
- Finnair Plus oneworld rates have been added. These rates apply when Finnair Plus members redeem miles on itineraries that include at least two oneworld partner airlines (not including Finnair). Hong Kong to Auckland might be a possible route.
- Air Tahiti Nui's Club Tiare has been added to the system. Air Tahiti Nui operates a few long haul routes from Papeete, for example Papeete - Tokyo (NRT)
- Caribbean Airlines has a few different loyalty programs but they all seem to use the same redemption tables. Most flights originate in Port-of-Spain (Trinidad & Tobago) or Kingston (Jamaica). Miami to Trinidad is an example of an attractive rate.
- Kuwait Airlines Oasis Club members have some good redemption possibilities in the Gulf region. Most flights connect through Kuwait International (KWI).
19 November, 2012
Data Update With New Programs
Our latest data update includes the following new frequent flyer programs:
- Oman Air Sindbad Miles have been added to the calculator. Most flights lead through the Oman Air hub in Muscat. Some low season rates are quite attractive for flights from Europe to Asia, e.g. Frankfurt to Bangkok (via MCT).
- Air Mauritius Kestrelflyer is also new in the system, try e.g. Cape Town - Mauritius.
- The rates for Saga Club from Icelandair can be queried on the system. The Saga Club rates include domestic flights with Air Iceland, for example Reykjavik - Akureyri.
- Redemption rates for Royal Air Brunei Royal Miles are included, most flights lead through the Royal Air Brunei hub in Darussalam. Try for example Jakarta - Brunei Darussalam.
We have also added Iberia Plus' oneworld rates in the calculator, which now brings to five the number of oneworld programs we have in the system. Iberia Plus' oneworld rates do not include British Airways flights as those flights use a different rates table. For an example of oneworld rates try Santiago to Paris.
Finally, we are also starting to collect intel on the taxes and surcharges that need to be paid in the different programs. It's impossible to calculate exact amounts that will be charged for the award flights but we try to give an overview per program in order to give the traveler some general guidance.
10 September, 2012
New oneworld Calculations
We have finally added some more oneworld
rates to the calculator, airberlin topbonus
and Cathay Pacific AsiaMiles
oneworld redemption rates have been added to the calculator. In both of those cases oneworld rates apply only for itineraries involving multiple oneworld carriers. E.g. SYD - BCN
We have also added the topbonus partner rates
, which include some non-oneworld airlines as well. These rates are only valid in a single carrier scenario. For example: Berlin - Abu Dhabi
Two more Star Alliance programs have also been added: Royal Thai Orchid
and TAP Victoria
. TAP has only 7 seven global zones which makes for some very large zones, e.g. all of Latin America (South and Central) or all of Asia.Delta SkyMiles
rates have been updated with the recent changes.
17 August, 2012
Vietnam Airlines and Philippine Airlines Added
We've updated our data once again. Two new programs have been added to the calculator, we have a total of 62 programs in the system now.
- Mabuhay Miles the frequent flyer program from Philippine Airlines has been added. A lot of domestic Filipino routes are available, e.g. Manila - Davao
- Vietnam Airlines frequent flyer program is called Golden Lotus Plus, this adds many domestic Vietnamese routes to the system too, for example Ho Chi Minh - Hanoi
We will add the SkyTeam rates for Vietnamese Airlines as soon as we can find a comprehensive country list for the redemption zones.
- All the rates for Star Alliance's recent new member LifeMiles (Avianca/TACA) have been included in the calculator as well. This adds many new Latin American routes to the Star Alliance calculations.
- Many new transfer calculations have been added as well, amongst others with AmEx India and AmEx Hong Kong
15 July, 2012
Two New Programs Added
Recent new member of the SkyTeam
alliance MEA Cedar Miles
has been added to our calculator, both Cedar Miles' own rates as well as its SkyTeam rates are included in the calculator, try e.g. Beirut - Paris
We have also added India's Jet Airways JetPrivilege
program. The program has different award rates for domestic and international flights, both rate schemes are included in the calculations: